Friday, March 28, 2008

Begging for the end



This photo was taken at the end of November, when the snow had been falling for a few days and it was pretty and magical and how sweet! - Christmas is coming!



This photo was taken a short time ago. These are snow drifts. IN MY DRIVEWAY. It's March. You can't tell from this picture, but I was sobbing.


The only thing that made it better was realizing it is perfect weather for sugar-on-snow. And I ate the boiled down maple syrup poured over the snow with my kids and nieces & nephews this weekend. And life was pretty and magical and sweet again. Until the syrup cramps set in. But that's a story for another day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I will just have to pass this on to everyone I know! Can I brag and tell them you're my sister? And I mean "real" sister? As in biologically connected, not just "sisters" as in "we're-all-sisters-rah-rah-rah"?

PS. The reason you are "Mummy" is because even though you speak French (and English, btw) at home, you're still an irish/scottish (if 4 generations removed) and "Mum" is how they say it!

Good job on the blog...I'm looking forward to more...

B.