Thursday, May 8, 2008

Foxy Trot

I saw a fox yesterday morning.

It isn't the first time one of those little fellows have bravely been wandering around the country roads near our home. At first, I thought it was a dog, and when it got closer you could easily see the red, bushy tail and dark black paws and it was oh so cute with his little triangular ears sticking straight up and you just know that his fur is soft and fluffy and I wondered, has anyone ever kept one as a pet? Because you know I could totally snuggle up to it and feed it and pet it and love it and it will love me back and we will break into song and dance on occasion because we are feeling silly and joyful and full of life.

And then I saw the dead bird hanging from it's mouth.

That kind of burst the bubble pretty quickly.

No comments: