Thursday, May 29, 2008

Frustration

How do you dream and plan your way to a happier future when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel? All that's here in front of me are dark shadows and the knowledge that tomorrow will be more of the same damn thing.

It drives me nuts to hear advice that consists of "Oh, it'll be better tomorrow" or "Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, that's all you can do." Is it? Is that really ALL there is to do? Life is too short to spend it unhappy and miserable, I get that. I just don't understand how to change it.

I am not grown-up enough to figure this out on my own.

I want to be a kid again and have my parents tell me what to do because they hand out the answers to all life's questions like cotton-candy at the local fair.

I want ANSWERS and COTTON CANDY. And my mummy and daddy to make it all better.

No comments: