Monday, September 8, 2008

On The Road Again

We went for a bike ride yesterday. I haven't ridden a bike in, oh, 15 years?

Five minutes in and my legs were tired from pumping, my feet tingly from poor circulation, my back was getting stiff and need I mention how sore my ass had become? I do not have a tiny bum by any stretch of the imagination and yet all the padding in the world wasn't going to soften the blow of each and every little pebble I ran over.

Feeling the wind cooling my head through the slats in my brand new bike helmet; seeing the open trail ahead of us, waiting for our exploration; hearing cows mooing in the fields as we pedaled past them made it worth every little twinge of pain I'm feeling today.

The best part though? Gulping down a glass of cold water upon our return home and then realizing I still had enough leg strength to make it to the bathroom before peeing my pants.

Little blessings everywhere...

No comments: