Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here's to 2009

Happy New Year!

We celebrated at a friend's house party last night. The music was terrific, party lights swinging, even a smoke machine to belch out that in-the-club atmosphere. Booze was plentiful, as were smiles and hugs and good cheer.

I had one or two very light vodka tonics early on, and then nothing but water as I was the designated driver and I learned a long time ago that as much as I sometimes want to be the girl who can go all night long....I'm just not. My hubby is often the life of the party because he is so outgoing and likes to have fun. (I do too, I just suck at it and therein lies a post for another day.) He tells funny stories with such gusto that it can make you laugh so hard you'll snort rum & Coke out your nose; and his "I'm feelin' good!-James Brown" dance also gets everyone moving.

Round about 1:00 a.m. it hit me hard and fast - after an extremely busy week of visiting family and friends, cooking, cleaning, and dealing with a tempermental 3-year old (quick sidebar - is she too young to be shipped off to boarding school?), all in the midst of a nasty cough/cold - I was fucking TIRED.

As late nights go, there have been many much later - but this morning, everyone was home safe and in bed by 3:00 a.m.

I'm not sure how you're celebrating the first day of the new year, but I feel as though I'm the one with a nasty hangover and for a moment, I can't figure out why.

And then I realize: Sleep deprivation courtesy of the 3 year old and my period.

LET'S PARTY!!!!

No comments: