Friday, September 11, 2009

Whining. Lots of it.

I am sick with a horrible head cold. You know the kind where your throat is on fire, your nose is stuffed up on one side but running continuously, sinuses pounding along with the fierce headache raging behind your eyes and into your ears, all while your eyes are watering enough to make you look like you've been watching too many repeat viewings of "The Notebook".

I'm in my ninth month of pregnancy and as some of you will remember, you have to pee every half hour at this point, you cannot get comfortable sleeping (that is, on the odd occasion you actually do fade off), baby's feet feel like they're going to come up out of your throat, and that's when baby's feet aren't hanging off your ribcage. Oh, and bonus? She's sitting on the main artery inside me so that I'm getting dizzy, breathless and nauseous all at once because of a lack of blood and oxygen.

Hubby keeps telling me to take it easy and rest but I'm not used to being at home yet with free time...for now anyway. So I'm busying myself with staying on top of laundry while I can, making muffins to put in the freezer and tidying up overstuffed closets and cupboards.

Some call this "nesting". I'm hoping that every little twinge and ache will signal the start of early labour because while I've enjoyed this pregnancy immensely, I want her out so I can get moving!

No comments: