Monday, June 2, 2008

Candles, and cake, and vodka, OH MY!

So, there was no romantic birthday dinner with hubby on the weekend, which, happily, has nothing to do with getting laid as it turns out.

Instead, as a surprise (which turned out to not be too much of a surprise because when you love and live with someone, you tend to pick up on little hints they drop, which turn out to be BIG! SECRET! REVEALED!) he organized a birthday party for me. Our friends and some family were there, and based on the very lovely and very unexpected gifts they done brung me, it is obvious that they love me and are concerned for my mental state. Also, they understand my kids are stressing me out just a little bit these days.

Hence, the wonderful "calm her the hell down" lotions and relaxing candles I received (Thanks Martine & Guy and Sue!)

Also, I'm pretty sure they think I'm an alcoholic, what with all the vodka (thanks Carle & Sylvie!) and wine (thanks, Tasha, Carole, Sue & Mike, and Sophie and Sean!!) I received. Of course, that makes them ENABLERS.

What can I say? I had a great time, I have terrific friends and I love all of them.

And my hubby? I love him best of all.

No comments: