Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

My dad. I don't really know what to write because how I feel about him is so much larger than life and I think that whatever I try to put down in words here will not do him justice.

He is strong, emotionally, physically, mentally. He is gentle and loving. He is funny. He is friendly. He is dependable. He gets this look on his face when he's snuggling with one of his 10 grandchildren - it is love and bliss in its purest form. He has been my confidant in times when I could not talk to anyone else and I honestly don't know how he sometimes didn't reach through the phone line to throttle my neck in frustration because whatever lesson I was trying to learn just wasn't getting through my stubborn head.

Even now at age 37, my daddy is still up on a pedestal, even though I do recognize he is a human being. I love him very much. With his superhero cape and everything.

To my Jeff: Happy Father's Day! Your patience with my boy is unending. You explain things to him in a way that only men and boys understand. You have your special hug and hand-slap goodnight, which is amusing for me to see because there is so much love for each other in it.

I love watching you with our little girl. You shake your head with a smile on your face when she says, "No Daddy. ME DO IT." The bond between you is unshakeable and the love you have for her is endless. She is blessed with your love.

She also has your toes.

No comments: