Friday, October 10, 2008

Denial

It's my son's 11th birthday today, and I haven't cried yet because I promised myself I wouldn't. He got spoiled this year, really spoiled with the celebration (a bowling party last Saturday for him and 10 friends); several gifts, money, and more gifts.

I made the decision to not get all emotional and sappy, but I will leave you with this photo below. (It reads: Hi Mom, I love you a lot. You are sweet. I like it when we have cuddles.) This piece of art is in the hallway and it was something he created for my birthday when he was about 5 years old. When it seems that time is moving much too fast, that he is growing up far too quickly, I stop and read this, and my heart is full because that little boy who loves his mummy is still very much evident.
Especially when he gets something he was hoping-for-but-not-expecting-for his birthday, like, say, a Nintendo DS, for example. With a new game. For example.


No comments: