Thursday, November 13, 2008

Keeping My Fingers Crossed One More Time

My recently-turned 11 year old son wrote - what I suspect will be his last - letter to Santa the other night. He had the Sears Christmas Wish Book spread open on the table in front of him and as he flipped through the pages, skipping past most of the baby stuff, he wrote down items he is hoping to get and included the page number and item numbers so that Santa can find the goods more easily. I have raised an efficient, orderly child here, people, one who likes lists almost as much as his mummy does. Now if only I could get him to make his bed...

I'm well aware that we barely dodged this Santa-is-for-sissies-he's-not-real-bullet last year, and I thought that he was in the I-don't-believe category this year. So you can imagine my surprise and deep down pleasure that he was writing to the Big Man again.

I don't know if he'll believe it all the way to Christmas Eve, but I'll certainly do what I can to prolong this childhood fantasy.

I mean, I still believe. Don't you?

No comments: