Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Holding Pattern

Baby Olivia has a cold so she hasn't been sleeping well at all during the day or at night. For example, exhausted baby fell asleep about 15 minutes ago, and right at this moment, she is doing the fussy-I-want-to-wake-up-but-I'm-oh-so-tired-cry....and it's quiet again. Quiet......and here comes the cry again.

It's been like this all night long for a few nights in a row now, so I too am not getting any sleep. The kind of no sleep where you put your mug full of hot coffee in the fridge, the coffee cream in the cupboard with the cereal, and you have no idea why you are staring at a handful of toilet paper while sitting on the toilet because you can't remember why you sat down on the toilet to begin with. Note to self: You are peeing.

The possible thyroid problem is not yet resolved but will be in another couple of weeks. Blood test results are in and I'm off to discuss them with my doc next week, after the ultrasound on my throat, so we'll see what's up.

To sum it up today - I have three healthy, beautiful children and a fiance who loves me so despite extreme exhaustion and my struggle with depression, I know my life is a good one.

And now, to sleep, perchance to dream. (But I'll settle for an uninterrupted 20 minute nap.)

P.S. Thank you to everyone who comments on my posts. I do read them and your support (yes, YOU!) means so much to me.

3 comments:

wichiepoo said...

Sounds like things are looking better for you, I am happy to see that you are having positive thoughts...
Sorry to hear that little Olivia is not feeling well, hope she gets better real soon.
*Huggles*

Anonymous said...

I still read your blog, I check everyday for new entries! Miss you! Jules

Institute for Internet Safety said...

There will be adjustment either great or small in sleeping pattern especially if an angel is not feeling well, but there still to much to be grateful of. A wonderful family is priceless. Keep praying & God bless!