Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Joy


This is my little sister at her recent wedding.
This is my new brother-in-law.

They are very happy together.

And don't they look fantastic all gussied up like that? You'd never know from looking at the picture but it was freezing out there. Almost minus-20-degree weather kind of cold.

Personally, I never cry at weddings. I'm cold like the weather that way, I guess. I've attended many through the years and I'd see other women with tears in their eyes or openly bawling and think, "Come ON. Get a grip. It's only a freakin' wedding. I mean, seriously, what's the big DEAL?"

And then I watched as my niece and nephews walked their mommy down the aisle towards her husband-to-be, who stood waiting, tall and proud, with his two children at the front of the chapel. I saw the look of complete happiness and joy on their faces and finally got it. I cried. Actually cried the kind of cry that brings a huge lump to your throat, the sort of emotional lump you think you might actually choke on. When the service was finished the room was filled with absolute joy and love and peace and rightness that these two found one another.

And this little moment right here? This is what happiness looks like, all wrapped up with a beautiful white bow.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you...It was a perfect day, perfect moment for us. Yup..we are the modern day Brady Bunch!! And lovin it!...most days ;o)