Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This Little Elf Went To Market, and This Little Elf Stayed Home

Christmas is in 2 days.

I have not sent out any of the handcrafted Christmas cards I have on hand. (Oh, right, that's because I did not make any handcrafted Christmas cards, despite my best intentions.)

I have not begun baking.

I have not finished shopping.

I have not started wrapping.

I have not made a dent in the mountain of laundry piled up. (Having clean underwear available on Christmas morning ranks quite high on my list of wants this year.)

I did buy the Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee to have at home during the holidays.

I did buy my children (each their own) Advent calendars. (Note to self: next year, the daughter will need two for herself as she eats a week's worth of days in one shot.)

I did give at the office - repeatedly. As in every damn Friday and sometimes twice a week.

I am going to make myself a vodka martini when I get home from work tonight.

No comments: